Thursday, March 13, 2008

The kind of pretending Cicily's life inspires...


Maya is a huge pretender - from being chipmunks to "you're the little girl". Every day we're somebody new. I love the variation that she comes up with from being a big sister to Cicily. Two latest examples:

A couple weeks ago I was feeding Cicily orally in her high chair and Maya says, "lets pretend that we both came to this house and you're the feeding therapist and I'm the cleaning lady." Ok, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a feeding therapist until 16 months ago! I'm still not sure where the cleaning lady thing comes from though - is that what your role is Grandma?? :)

Yesterday we were enjoying the great weather outside and our wonderful new backyard. Maya, Cicily and I had their two trached Cabbage Patch dolls outside with us pretending something. Maya says, "let's pretend our babys' trachs came out suddenly while we were just sitting here, ok." So she unstraps the trach band and pulls out the trach and then puts it back in again. I of course, did the same as instructed, as I was laughing!

6 comments:

Katy said...

How funny!! Your girls are definitely cute!

Heath said...

I was wondering where the "cleaning lady" comment came from as well. I didn't think you would have someone coming in to your house to help clean, but I guess I could be wrong.

Whitney said...

that's cute! By the way, you need to put up some pictures of the backyard, I want to see how the grass is coming along, and the garden. I saw the space but I haven't seen anything growing in it. :) Love you!

kellyanddanielle said...

your girls are so sweet. sounds like you are a wonderful mommy. how are you guys doing? i haven't talked to you in forever. anyway thanks for adding so much about your family. it helps us ones that are really far away keep in touch with you and your family. have a great day. love danielle

Chelsea said...

Don't you just love how kids think and play. They have the best imaginations.

De Ette said...

I guess I could be called "cleaning lady, nurse, grandma, mom, nanny or what ever fits. Just don't call me late for dinner. :-)
I should explain how fun it is to clean with Maya. She is always coming up with something new. One week we are the faires, cleaning the cottage before Sleeping Beauty comes home, and the next time we are cleaning the castle. Of course one of us uses a "pink" rag and the other uses a "blue" one. Anyone could have fun cleaning with an imagination like hers.