Friday, February 13, 2009

Going Bilateral

Cicily got her new BAHA last week!!! She's now the proud wearer of two hearing aids on her headband- one on each side. We've been working on getting this additional BAHA since last May, so we're very excited!
Theoretically this gives her a higher hearing threshold and some directional hearing. All I know is now she can hear me when I'm suctioning her trach and when I whisper to her at church. In fact, Cicily hears better than I do now! At her hearing test this past Tuesday she heard a very low tone that I didn't even hear. (So, good that Cis hears SO well, and kinda bad that I hear less than my girl with a hearing loss!) :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

That's great! I'm still on my BCA but I like having the headband. But it would improve my directional hearing. How would BAHA help with my directional hearing but not my BCA?