Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What's a 3-letter word that made Cicily lose her voice?



DOG
Cicily loves dogs so much, and without a trach we didn't have any more good excuses to give her sister Maya about why we couldn't get one. So, a week after decannulation, we got a puppy! The night we went to pick up the dog, Cicily squealed ALL night! Then the next day when she woke up and saw her puppy, she squealed even more. She literally used her voice more than ever and got so hoarse you could hardly hear the squeals anymore. Cicily and Maya love the puppy so much, we're glad we gave in! Her name is Lucy and she's a Shih tzu. We're hoping she will be a good comforting buddy for Cis when she has surgeries when she's older.

9 comments:

Nammie said...

I catch myself smiling everytime I read this blog and look at that sweet face. Thank you so much and thanks to Cicily for those infectuous smiles!!!

Grandpa Norm

Kristy said...

How cute. I already love lucy. I can't wait to meet her. It looks like a lot of fun at the watkins house. I have to agree with Grandpa Norm about those smiles they really are infectuous. We love you.

Teri said...

I am totally jealous. I have wanted a dog for about 3 years now and that is the exact same kind I want! Perfect for kids! Hope to join you soon in the dog world!

Danielle said...

Oh that is just too cute! I bet they'll be good buds!

Camille Hammond said...

How fun! I always wanted a dog for Em, and Robby wanted a kitty. So we had neither. Lily loves dogs-that looks like the perfect size!

Robin said...

Janalyn, I am so excited to see Cicily decannulated! Super Congratulations! Lucy is adorable! How funny that Cis lost her voice over her, just the idea of losing her voice is so different now that her trach is out - she wasted no time in having that experience.
Still a chance you'll be coming to CO near the end of the summer? Let us know when you plans start to firm up, we definitely want to see you if you have time.
Robin

shannon said...

All three are adorable!!

Meg said...

I'm not big on Shih tzus but that one is cute! David and I hoping to get a daschund someday.

De Ette said...

Great pictures and it is so fun to hear her voice I love it!! Lucy is a cute ball of fur!