Monday, May 23, 2011

Cis gets a wish

Cicily is going to get the chance to dream big and have her wish granted through Make-A-Wish! We are all very excited about this. They sent Cis a wish book in the mail and we were coloring it and discussing wish ideas last night. Some of Cicily's favorite ideas were: being a farmer, feeding farm animals every day, meeting Mickey Mouse, having a dress to wear for each day of the week, and going to Small World. Cicily got very excited about these ideas! I guess now she gets to meet with her "wish granters" to figure out her big wish.
This wish process has been a welcome excitement for all of us. At first Maya was jealous and didn't understand why she didn't get to have her own big wish come true (to have a Nintendo 3DS, go to Hawaii, or go on a Disney cruise). My explanation of, "Make-A-Wish is something really special that people do for kids who won't live to be adults and have the chance to make their own wishes come true," was not adequate at first. After thinking about how Cicily never wants to do anything exciting without Maya, we told Maya that since she's been such an awesome big sister to Cicily, Cis will for sure want her involved in whatever she wishes for. Now Maya's on board and excited to help Cis decide on a wish. For me, it's been a nice change to have thoughts pop in and out about the thing that would make Cicily really happy; as opposed to thoughts about her funeral arrangements. A very welcome diversion. I've always thought Make-A-Wish was an amazing, unselfish program. I am in awe that people are willing to expend so many resources to making my little Cicily's wish come true.

7 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

Yea! I'm so glad she's been picked or however that works. She deserves it, you all deserve it! I'm so happy for her. Dream big Cis!!!

Kristy said...

Oh I can't wait to see what she picks! I'm sure it will be amazing. You're incredible Cicily I'm so excited for you to have an amazing wish come true!

St. Jeor Family said...

This is so awesome!!! It makes me smile! You all deserve it!

Nammie said...

Maybe her wish could be that her Grandpa Norm would be skinny . . . just saying!! This is very exciting. Deep appreciation and love for those making this wish come true.

Love you all so much!!

Grandpa Norm

Teri said...

We are all excited to hear what Cicily chooses for her wish! I have always loved the Make a Wish idea and foundation. I have been thinking alot about Cic lately. It made me sad to see you talking about funeral arrangements. I must be in denial or something, but I can't imagine her not being with us always. Love her and you guys!

Staci said...

How exciting! I'm glad Cicily is going to "include Maya" so they can both be excited about it! Let us know what she chooses!

Tamara Francis said...

Cicily, I just looked at your blog and read the news about make a wish. What are you going to pick Cis? How are the chickens doing also? I think about you everyday and miss you so much, hope you are enjoying summer school. LOVE YOU, Nurse Tammy