Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cicily's Song of Love

Go push play on the cute picture over on the side bar. That's Cicily's very own song!!! She loves it. I love it, although I can't listen to it without getting teary-eyed.
There's a wonderful organization called Songs of Love http://www.songsoflove.org/ that writes, sings, produces, etc. songs for children with medical, physical or emotional challenges. Cicily has been so into music lately that we thought she would LOVE having her very own song all about her. Songs of Love is awesome! They had us fill out a little survey all about Cicily and then a few weeks later this song came in the mail - all about Cicily, for Cicily.
She was excited to take the picture over there so we can send it, along with a thank you card, to Lindsey Jones, the artist who wrote and sang her song.


Thank you Songs of Love!

8 comments:

Teri said...

Love it! What a wonderful organization. The song fits her perfectly.

Staci said...

This is the neatest thing I have ever heard of! I love the song, it is beautiful & something that you will always treasure!

Camille Hammond said...

Okay, I was fine listening to it until I started explaining it to Robby, and then the tears came. I can just imagine what that means to you, and also to her. Thanks for sharing; I may pass the website along to some other friends who have disabilities.

mashby said...

Wow, that is SO awesome - I love the song! I also loved all of the new pictures!!! She is seriously looking so grown up these days!! :) Love you guys!

Whitney said...

That's awesome J. Thanks for putting it up here to share it will all of us. How sweet!

Adam Snell said...

very cool

Jenna said...

Hi Cicily!
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are one Amazing Courageous, strong, determined fighter. You are a Precious Brave Warrior, Beautiful Smilen Champ, a Special Inspirational hero, Pretty Super Trooper, Awesome Super Trooper. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Grubbs Familly said...

Janalyn,
What a beautiful song. I couldn't listen to it without crying, either. She certainly brings sunshine to her family and everyone who is blessed to know her.