Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sad to say bye to friends


Cicily's last day of first grade was last week.  1/2 of her friends in her class are going to other schools next year.  When I found out about this, I was very sad.  Cicily doesn't really have friends her age outside of her school class.  These 8 kids are amazing!  I've been blessed to see them interact with each other for the past 2 years.  They communicate mostly nonverbally - through touch, smile, and gesture.  Mostly they seem to communicate spirit to spirit.  It's pretty remarkable to witness.  So I asked Cicily if she wanted to make a special present for all of her friends and the women that take amazing care of them in class.  She was totally excited about the idea.  So we got a picture from the day Daddy taught her class about archaeology and one of Cicily's favorite scriptures that describes every child in her class.  Then Cicily had fun choosing a color for each person and painting their wooden blocks.
On the last day of school Sophie and I took all the blocks to Cicily's class and she got to hand them out.  She absolutely loved it!  I got to say goodbye to all her friends and give them each a hug.  I didn't even cry too much.  I hope they all end up in good schools that will give them the care and opportunities they deserve. 

"Jesus answered, neither hath this man sinned nor his parents but that the 
works of God should be made manifest in him."  John 9:3

2 comments:

Ondria said...

Where's the "like" button?

Kristine said...

Beautiful...Just Beautiful!