Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nice People

After Cicily was born, I started to prepare myself for rude comments and stares. Right from the beginning I have been primarily very pleasantly surprised. There are so many good, kind people in this world. Having Cicily has given me a greater hope for our society. The kind acts range from the overwhelming everyday responses in the store about how beautiful my girls are, to people we know gushing over Cicily's adorable smile, to kind strangers on the online TCS group becoming like family, to friends and family giving so much time to make life a little easier for us, to Dr.s bending over backwards to improve Cicily's quality of life.
I've even found that people are more accomodating and helpful when Cis is with me! Thanks Cis, your great looks and and little extras are helping us out!
The latest unbelievably kind act began yesterday. Two of the doctors working together for Cicily's jaw distraction -craniofacial plastic surgeon and orthodontist- came up with a new idea to have a helmet of sorts custom made for Cis to wear for a few weeks to make her bite more closed after her jaw is grown. So the woman who created the baby helmets for kids with flat areas on their heads called us herself yesterday and met us in Phoenix to take Cis' measurements for a custom helmet. It's a $4000 device that she's doing for free and she's putting hours and hours of her time into it on a couple hours notice. I was so overwhelmed that I cried when I hung up the phone (mostly because it's unbelievably kind of her, but also a tiny bit because now my planned "fun" week has turned into an appointment-filled crazy week). If anyone needs a baby helmet for plagiocephaly- I highly recommend Cranial Technologies!!
There are just so many good people I meet all the time, it's so inspiring. So I just wanted to say a giant THANK YOU to all the Nice People out there in the world and especially to all of you loving, concerned people reading this.
We love you!

2 comments:

kellyanddanielle said...

wow. you are so blessed. there really are great people out there. you have a first hand look at what people are capable of being. i love that you are so happy and upbeat. some would be crushed and here you are just as sweet and complete. i admire you and your strenghth. you inspire me to be a better person and to love even when times are tough. love you and your family. thank you.

Amy said...

We hope that everything goes well with Cicily's upcoming surgery - you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. And if anyone deserves good people in their lives it's you guys! All our love!