Saturday, March 28, 2009

Surgery #9

Cicily is scheduled for an excision of granuloma and a spinal tap on Monday 30th. Dr. Mancuso will flip out a little ball of scar tissue in her trachea and cut it out, then Dr. Black (anesthesiologist) will perform a spinal tap to see if anything shows up to solve the mobility mystery. Sounds easy enough - we'll see. Then the optimistic plan if all goes perfectly is for Cis to stay in the PICU for 3 days capping and pulling out her trach and she'll come home trachless. I'm cautious as this trach process has not gone anywhere near perfectly for the last 5 months and I'm tired of getting my hopes up. Prayers, as always are greatly appreciated and are always helpful.

3 comments:

Nammie said...

We're praying for Cis and her doctors, and you!!

Much love, Grandpa Norm

shannon said...

I don't know how you do it Janalyn. #9! One was enough for me. Good luck as always!!

Robin said...

OMG Janalyn!! I can't believe this could be it! I am saying a prayer for Cis right now. I hope the spinal tap goes well and that you are able to learn more information. Wish we could come see you guys right now, but maybe someday we can in the future. BEST TO CICILY and the whole family.