Sunday, June 13, 2010

Big Sister Cicily!

Introducing Cicily's new baby sister - Sophie
The first of MANY kisses for her little sister.

This is the first time Cicily got to meet her little Sophie. Cicily couldn't quite smile big enough to show how happy she was! She wanted to hold her immediately and hasn't stopped wanting to hold her since. Occasionally Cis will get to hold Sophie for over 20 minutes and finally she'll say she's done and want to go play.

Yesterday I was feeding Sophie on a chair and needed a blanket for her. Cicily was wanting to come see Sophie, so I tried to distract her and asked her to get Sophie's blanket for her. Cicily was quite happy that I had asked her to help. She crawled right over to the couch where the blanket was. On her way there she had to crawl over a pillow and toppled on her head. She lost her hearing aids and started crying (not sure if she got hurt or she was upset to be deterred from her task). She brought me her hearing aids so I could re-place them for her. Then she crawled right back over to the couch and got the blanket down. About 5 minutes after I had asked her for the blanket, Cicily held it up to me. She was beaming! She had succeeded in helping her baby sister and her Mommy. It was so sweet and took so much effort, I cried.

12 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

Made me cry too. Cis will be an AWESOME big sis!

St. Jeor Family said...

CONGRATS! Sounds like Cicily will be a great big sister! You have three beautiful girls!

Emily Rosell said...

Congratulations! a very tender heart moment, what a wonderful big sister she is going to be.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How fun for Cis to be able to take care of someone else, instead of someone taking care of her!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

congrats!!!!! sophie is so cute! And cicily looks SO cute and SO happy. That was a sweet story too..im sure you will have a ton more to go along with that one..

congratulations again!

Janica said...

Congradulations! I was thinking of you just the other day and wondering how you were doing. I would love to meet Cicily someday, she seems like such a sweet little girl, I love how big her smile always is in pictures! That is so great she gets to be such a big helper to her sister.

Bharti Sumarajan said...

Congratulations Janalyn , I am so happy for your beautiful family.I had tears in my eyes as i read that little story of Cicly helping her mommy and baby sister.I know cicly will be a amazing big sister

mashby said...

Awww, that is just too sweet. She is such a proud big sister - I love it! Sophie is darling and we're so glad you guys are doing well.

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the new addition.. She is Beautiful just like her sisters. I love seeing pictures of Cicily smiling she is such a cute little girl.

Tamara Francis said...

Janalyn, Congratulations on Baby Sophie, hope your getting your sleep. Tell Cicily I look forward to seeing her on the bus in August. What a loving big sister she is.

Katy said...

What a sweet story!! Baby Sophie is sure cute. She looks a lot like her daddy. Funny how that happens, you carry them for nine months, and they end up looking like their dads!! ;)

De Ette said...

I cried too. I love the picture. Thanks!