Thursday, March 30, 2017

How does Cicily feel about it all?

We've always been very open with our girls that Cicily wouldn't live a long life.  Sophie used to say things when she was very small (3) like, "when I have kids, they'll have an aunt on earth and an aunt in heaven". Cicily has NEVER liked talking about her dying.
Every once in a while when she'd get really sick over the years, I'd have conversations with her about the spirit world and what it would be like when she lived there.  Every single time she'd give me her grumpy "no" face.  She hated talking about it.  So I stopped and haven't mentioned it for a couple years.  But of course, we're discussing it a lot more recently and she still HATES it.  Even when Grandma and Grandpa talk to her about her great grandparents waiting for her, she still gives them her "no" face.
Cicily just LOVES her life!  She is not interested in being able to move around by her own free will or talk.  She just wants to stay here with her family and friends and soak up every tiny bit of this earth life that she can.  It's so inspiring to me.  She really can't do much anymore, but she still loves life and gets so much joy from being around people and interacting with them.
So Chris and I feel Cicily will really try to stay in her body until everything really shuts down and she has no other option.  She is ridiculously stubborn (she's even out-stubborned me over the years, which is impressive), so she may be here a while.  As long as Cicily is happy and finding joy in her life, we are so happy to have her here.

5 comments:

Heath said...

Outsubborn her mom? I didn't think such a task was possible ;-)
I love you guys. You are all such an inspiration to all of us!

Unknown said...

What an awesome little girl.

Unknown said...

Janalyn you are an inspiration to me. I'm so glad you were chosen to be her mom. She is such a lucky little girl to have you and chris as parents. Love and prayers to your family. We love you all so much.

Jenn said...

Thank you so much for the updates. I am praying for you and your family. I hope you find all the joy, peace and love that you need. You are an amazing mother and an inspiration.

Priceless said...

What a super wonderful and remarkable family you are. We love you so. Mel & Gretchen