Thursday, March 30, 2017

Our girl on Hospice at school

This morning the hospice nurse and social worker came out to meet us and talk about all the great services they can provide if we'd like.  Then Cicily went to school!  She had another great happy, healthy day so why not!  While Cicily went to school, Chris and I went to the funeral home to start the process.  We picked out her casket.  We've talked about a few details of her funeral over the past 6 years, but to truly plan it was very surreal.  I actually held it together very well until we started talking about closing the casket.  I can't handle the finality of that too well.  The thought of never seeing her body again in my life feels unnaturally empty.  So we'll probably have them do it after the family leaves the room.
 After school we went to cousin's house for a water balloon fight and swimming.  We're just living up all the time we have.
We've been so loved by so many already.  Dinners brought, prayers offered, love extended.  It has already made such a difference for us.  Thank you all.

1 comment:

Robin Kargoll said...

Adorable pics!
Janalyn thank you for being so open and honest in your posts. It makes my heart hurt, but I am hearing exactly where you're at in this difficult time.
I wish you as many beautiful days as possible.