Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jaw Distraction surgery scheduled

Cicily will have her first jaw distraction surgery on Tuesday July 1. Her craniofacial plastic surgeon Dr. S will surgically brake her mandible and then place screws into the bone. For more details on the surgery, look at the previous post on jaw distraction on this blog. http://cicilyspage.blogspot.com/2008/02/more-good-news-jaw-distraction.html
We're planning on an overnight stay at the hospital and then back home the next day. We begin turning screws 4 days after the device is placed. The device Dr. S decided would work best for Cicily right now is actually an internal jaw distraction device. This means only a flexible one inch metal piece will stick out of her skin just below her ears. I just looked for pictures online of this type of distraction device, but didn't find any. I did see this blog on the first page of my search results though, so hopefully the pictures we'll be posting in the next few months will help someone else!

6 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

I wish we were going to be here. I'm sure we could make an exception to our no sleep over rule for Maya. If it does happen that we are here then the invitation still stands if you need us.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I am so glad I found your blog from my cousin, Britany Arnett's. What a sweet little fighter you have. Such a blessing in disguise. I look forward in keeping up on her life and progression. What a great mom you are.

Heath said...

That is so exciting. I'm sure everything will go very well. It will be fun to be there when it happens, eventhough we still might be in "moving" mode.

Lisa said...

She is a little trooper. I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was looking around on google and found your page. My name is Leigh-Ann and I have tcs as well. Your little girls are sooo adorable. My e-mail is sunkissedx3la@yahoo.com, Hope to talk to you soon!! =]

Anonymous said...

Cicily is absolutely adorable. I found your site from google, trying to learn more about TCS.. But I got caught up reading about Cis for the past hour and a half though. =) Best of luck with the Jaw Distraction Surgery.