Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Distractor guide book

I just found the "technique guide " for the distraction device being used for Cicily. Here is a link if anyone else really wants to know more about this distraction process from a technical aspect. It does have great pictures so you can really get a feel for what the device looks like internally. Dr. Singh showed us these pictures before the first distraction surgery, but it's nice to leisurely read through the "guide".
http://products.synthes.com/KYOCMF/Product%20Support%20Materials/Technique%20Guides/CMF/MXTGCMFDistractionJ7415A.pdf

Have I mentioned what an amazing surgeon Dr. Singh is?!! I'm so glad she practices in the valley. And I'm glad I was only responsible for turning the extensions! (Especially because I didn't even do that very well.)

Anyway, maybe this guide book can help another family looking into jaw distraction and wanting to know more details.

2 comments:

De Ette said...

Wow Janalyn, Thanks for posting the link. That is very interesting info. It gives me a better idea of what is going on inside of Cicily's jaw. It is a pretty ingenious device. I think Cicily is looking good too.
Love ya,

Mom

Kevin said...

I just stumbled across your blog as I'm working on my own posts/blog on the same subject for the same reason. My son just had the surgery. There isn't as much first hand account information out there so I figured capture it for posterity just as you did. So now there are 2 out there for the next people who are looking. Good luck. We're just starting the
screw turning process so we have a few weeks to go.