Friday, August 1, 2008

A work in progress -Amazing!




I wanted to put up some progress shots because I was shocked when I looked at Cicily's before pictures this morning!!! I can't believe what an amazing difference this jaw distraction has made so far. I'm trying to remind myself that all babies grow and change in appearance because I kind of miss Cicily's "before" face. After the surgery to remove all the hardware in Sept, we'll post some real before and afters. We're still working on raising Cis' jaw up a little more so we'll see how that turns out.
*Dr. Singh's plan has always been to "overcorrect" Cis' jaw so she'll have an underbite (her lower jaw will stick out more than her upper). This will allow Cicily more of a chance for losing the trach, and allow her to grow into her jaw over the years and hopefully need less future distractions.

6 comments:

Heath said...

That looks so good! It is amazing to compare. I'm sure you are very pleased with the results.

Whitney said...

Holy Cow!!! What a difference! I'm glad she is doing well, and we are praying for her. Tell her that Aunt Whitney & Uncle Juan miss her. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janalyn,

I have been closely checking Cis's progress and feel compelled to comment on her amazing progress. The jaw distraction has been nothing short of miraculous.
Harry Gould

Danielle said...

WOW!!! She looks fabulous!! Congrats!!

Ondriawfd said...

Those pictures are amazing. I can't believe how much difference it has made. She really does look good though.

Teri said...

So much has changed since I saw you last. I can't believe it. I am so glad you are keeping up this blog...for those of us who love Cicily and pray for her progress. She looks so cute. I bet you can't wait for this process to be over with. But then on to the next I guess.