Tuesday, October 21, 2008

laundry & scar tips

Along with all the detailed new medical knowledge I've acquired being Cicily's Mom, I've also learned some useful everyday tips I thought I'd share.

#1 Laundry Blood Tip
We've had a lot of blood on clothes around our house in the past couple months, but not a single blood stain! Here's the secret: salt. Pour it directly onto fresh blood or two day old blood and soak it in cold water, wash the clothing, and blood will be gone. We actually had a salt solution in our washing machine every day during the month of July.

#2 Scar Tip
Growing up I always put vitamin E on my scars to make them dissappear. Dr. Singh also recommended this practice and added massaging the scar to the regimen. I bought a bottle of vitamin E capsules and 3-4 times a day I poke one with a pin and massage a little into Cicily's jd scars. We'll see if it's just as magic as the salt in making things dissappear. :)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I have a personal testimony of scars myself. I don't know if you remember or not, but when I was like 5 or 6 I was jumping on the tramp with Adam and Tanner Sumner. They double bounced me and I fell off and scratched my face on the backyard fence. The whole side of my face was scraped like the Phantom of the Opera. Ondria put vitamin E on my face a couple times a day, everyday. She told me that one day I would thank her when I didn't have scars on my face. Today, I thank her :) I'm sure I have before. So, long story short, I'm sure that the vitamin E will work wonders for Cicily.

kellyanddanielle said...

oh my gosh those are awesome tips. you are amazing but you hear that all the time. love you guys

Kami Milliron said...

Quick question : I applied for Health Care from AHCCCS ( we have Health Insurance, but all these special ultrasounds, test, etc are adding up. We are already starting to feel buried in medical bills and Ellie isn't even here yet ) about a week ago and haven't heard anything back. I only applied for the Baby and I, since my Husband has Family coverage. Should I be worried that they haven't called ? If they don't cover me and all the things the Baby will need from now until she is older, where do I go ? We need help now. We need help paying for all these extra tests and everything.

I thought I would ask, since I know you are familiar with this !

Carrie said...

I knew you would have something helpful on blood stains. THANKS!