Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cleaning a Toilet


Cicily was a little quiet and I hadn't seen her for a few minutes, so I asked Maya to go see what she was up to. Maya comes back, laughing and says, "Mom you're going to want to see this, come on." I followed her to the bathroom and this is what I found.
How many Moms get the chance to feel sincere joy at a scene like this??? I love it for a few reasons: 1. She somehow reached all those things and manipulated them appropriately. 2. She knows what to do with a toilet brush and toilet paper. I've never taught her that. We know she's cognitively on target, but I always love seeing proof! 3. She was LOVING it! Loving cleaning a toilet.

10 comments:

Whitney said...

That's adorable. I can't believe that smile. She looks so proud of herself.

shannon said...

Tooo Cute. Send her my way, I have some toilets she can clean :)

De Ette said...

I shared your feelings as soon as I saw the picture! Wow, Cicily did all that!! That is one FINE mess.. Way to go Cis!

Ondriawfd said...

and 4. What a great picture! So cute.

Camille Hammond said...

That is one happy girl! She is very smart. I'm glad the nurse is working out, too!

Nammie said...

The happiest toilet cleaner ever!!!

Grandpa Norm

Meg said...

good for her! Maybe she found her passion! Hope she doesn't find this picture when she is older! LOL

Heidi Ann said...

I love how she first pulled all the toilet paper off the role!! Cutie!

Sangeetha said...

Hi this is sangeetha from India,i just wanted to let you know that your blog is amazing and cicily is a special child.i loved that picture of cicily cleaning toilet.you canvisit my blog www.masterjasonrithwik.blogspot.com

Sangeetha said...

Hi Janalyn,
thanks for ur comment.my parents r not members of church.