Wednesday, August 29, 2012

But I just miss her so much...


Sophie loves watching Cicily get on the bus every morning to go to school.  She talks about Cis being in Kindergarten and how she wants to go to school too.  The week after Cicily started Kindergarten, Sophie and I were driving and saw a little bus like Cis rides.  Soph got all excited and said, "there's Cissy Mom, there's Cis.  Let's go see her."  I told her that it wasn't actually Cicily's bus, Cis was already in her class at school.  "Let's go see Cissy in her class Mommy," she replied.  I told her we'd get to see her when she got home from school in a few hours. 
Then Sophie got pouty and said, "But I just miss her so much." 



It was very sweet to me.  I'm very glad that Sophie loves her Cicily enough to miss her so much.  It also broke my heart because it made me wonder what I'll tell her on the days in the future when Cicily won't be coming home?

2 comments:

De Ette said...

She will always know Cicily's love, as will the rest of us. I love these pictures.

Camille Hammond said...

They are very cute pictures. And I can understand the heartbreak. What great memories and pictures they will have. Lance now loves his sister, too. And every time they push each other around in her wheelchair I smile. Sending love!