Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Auntie Cis

We were playing a game of "Grandma, Mom, baby" this week.  I was the Grandma, Sophie the Mom and Sophie had a doll baby.  When Cicily got home from school (she LOVES playing in Soph's room lately) we brought her in to play with us.  I said, "hey Auntie Cis do you want to meet your new baby niece?"  And it hit me that she won't get to meet her neices or nephews in this life.  And I wondered at how that would make Sophie and Maya feel.  Will they take their babies to the cemetary to meet their Aunt Cicily?  What will they tell them about her? 
So we've been playing a lot of "Grandma, Mom, baby" and Cicily has enjoyed getting to know Sophie's baby - even if it's just the pretend ones. 

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh, so sweet. It's hard to read you talking about Cicily being gone, but I guess it's good to think about it and talk openly instead of keeping it bottled up.
I sure hope we figure out an opportunity for Faith and Cicily to see each other again.
Hugs,
Robin, Faith and family