Monday, April 3, 2017

Med-less night, Mom & Cis day

Sunday night I woke up at 4 am confused, worrying I had slept through Cicily needing me.  But, all seemed well.  She didn't need any special meds at all last night.  (We're doing tylenol pm and ibuprofen as a rule now at night, seems to help.)  Today her stomach was rumbling awfully bad though.  I can't imagine my stomach doing that and not being in the fetal position in bed.

I asked Cicily several times if she wanted to go to school today (she REALLY loves her school!) but she kept saying no and signing books or Mom.  So she stayed home and we had a Mom & Cis day all day long.  I was honored to be her preference today.  We read books, chased Lucy with the remote control car (big laughs!), had lunch with Dad, did laundry, fed chickens, and read more books with Sophie snuggled together in our green chair.  The quintessential Mom & Cis day.


I also got to talk to Cicily about her dreaded topic.  I kept it short and sweet and went right back to reading.  She was really cool about it.  While we were reading books, I just said Cicily I'm really going to miss you.  But you know we'll be ok right?  She said yeah.  Then we read another page.  And I said, you're going to do some amazing things there aren't you.  Will you come back and tell me about it every once in a while.  She smiled.  

1 comment:

diana said...

oh janalyn! you are a wonderful mother. i have been reading and trying to keep updated here and there. you and your family have been in my thoughts and i pray you all will be blessed with peace during this difficult time.