Tuesday, April 11, 2017

 Monday ready for school, looking good in her cute outfit.  I can't remember why she was signing Sophie, but I love the goofy smile. 
Cicily has been sleeping VERY well the past week.  We've determined that her stomach issues were due to so many antibiotics and a build up of yeast in her gut.  Now that we have the yeast under control, her intestines have been very quiet, it doesn't hurt her to move her legs and she's been sleeping well at night.  Hooray



Playing air guitar for uncle Adam's birthday today!  Cis had a slow start to the day today, slept in and then chilled with Mom and listened to music in bed.  She's starting to get yellow, thick secretions.  This is the point where we have always started antibiotics as this means a respiratory infection/pneumonia is starting.  Given that her intestinal issues will come back with antibiotics and the fact that even the "silver bullet" ones haven't been truly effective this winter, we have decided to let her ride it out without them.  Chris and I prayed about the decision and both feel peaceful about it, which is good as there isn't really a satisfactory other option.  She's a little more tired today, but still enjoyed school, playing with sisters and busting up laughing at silly slapstick stunts.

I went to a craft store to buy some things for her funeral.  When the checkout lady was asking me what project I was working on I said, a sign in book...  I couldn't get the words, for my daughter's funeral to come out.
Then while Cis was at school my Mom and I went to the florist to talk about casket sprays.  It's going to be beautiful and perfect for my girl.
It is the most out of body experience to make preparations like this for your daughter.  I go and do it, but feel like it's not necessarily me saying words like casket, funeral, 10 years old, etc.

7 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I remember doing this for our Ellie. I walked around the funeral home thinking " caskets should never be this small " It was rough. But there was a sweet spirit about it too. I remember seeing this gorgeous white casket and knew that was the one. It was an out of body experience for sure - especially since we had JUST been there planning my Dad's funeral less than a month before. I hope Cicily and Ellie will be good friends. I love you and think about you often. I'm so happy Cicily has such a fun, loving, happy, supportive family : )

Danielle said...

Love you Janalynn. You are truly amazing. Big hugs and prayers of strength coming your way.

Priceless said...

We love you all Janalyn, and pray for your continued strength for Cicily

Kristine said...

I love you Janalyn. Thanks for all the updates. Hard as they must be. Cicily and you are truly Amazing! 😊

Carla said...

I haven't had the opportunity to get to know Cicily very well, but I am inspired by your faith and courage. I remember when she was born and Sue telling me about so many complications. I remember thinking that only the most special spirits go to the most special families. I know I can't even begin to comprehend what you are going through, but I am praying for you and will continue to do so.

Connie B said...

Love you all - such a hard, hard thing to endure. We continue to pray for the Lord to comfort and strengthen each one of you.

Anonymous said...

Love you all. Thank you so much for the updates. Cicily and yall are in my prayers.

- Clint M.